Donald Trump called Condoleezza Rice over the weekend to see if she was interested in being his running mate, championing for the former secretary of state to stand by his side, sources told CNN.

Rice, secretary of state and national security adviser during the George W. Bush Administration, told Trump she has absolutely no desire to be vice president. It’s not the first time she’s declared her disinterest; her chief of staff told Politico the same thing last month.Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 9.56.21 PM

With Rice out, the top three contenders were Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R). However, according to mass sources the official vice presidential select is Pence.

On Wednesday, Trump and his children Ivanka, Don Jr., and Eric had breakfast with Pence at the governor’s mansion, and practically cementing the official assumption. So unfortunately for those hoping for a Trump/Rice ticket, it’s a hopeful dream no longer.